Internship Opportunites is open at Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA)
- ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
- INTERNSHIP BACKGROUND
CTA has an opening for an intern within the Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme and its ICT for ARD Programme. The successful candidate will support Youth Entrepreneurship and ICT for agriculture initiatives in the framework of CTA’s Global ICT project, selected Regional projects and other initiatives.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance and supervision of the ICT4D Programme Coordinator, the intern will assist in the following activities:
- A) Facilitation of knowledge sharing, networking and dissemination of opportunities on youth and ICT in agriculture including:
– Animation of web 2.0 spaces of the ARDYIS Facebook Page, Twitter account and mailing lists;
– Update of the project website;
– Organization of social reporting activities as support for youth in agriculture networking and capacity building;
– Other activities in relation with CTA’s youth strategy.
- B) Support the implementation of the following projects in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific countries:
– Advancing youth in organic farming and climate resilient agro-business in the Pacific;
– Support the Creation and Management of a Caribbean Youth in Agriculture Virtual Business Incubator and Resource Hub;
– Agri-business TV;
– Climate Smart Agriculture and Entrepreneurship in Young Farmers Clubs.
- C) Support initiatives related to youth entrepreneurship in ICT and agriculture, including:
– Animation of the Twitter account and web spaces of the AgriHack Talent initiative;
– Identification and dissemination of key information;
– Organization of thematic e-debates to support ICT Agripreneurs;
– Organization of awareness raising, policy dialogues, training sessions, competitions, etc.
- D) Support to knowledge capitalization and fundraising:
– Collection, identification of results and impact elements on all activities implemented;
– Drafting press-releases, articles and activity reports;
– Provision of inputs for the editing and productions of publications;
– Identification of fundraising opportunities and contribution to proposal writing.
- E) Support other ICT for agriculture projects as requested by the supervisor or the Program Manager, notably in the framework of CTA’s regional business plans.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in agriculture, information and communication or other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
- Experience in online network animation and knowledge of key ICT4D issues.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
- HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email address: [email protected]
Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship ICT4Ag’.
Deadline for applications: 10 March 2017.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.