African Harvesters is pleased to announce a job opening in an Agribusiness Company based in Nigeria.
Below is the Job Description for the Position of Business Development Manager
Designation: Head – Trading
Job Location: Nigeria- Lagos/Kogi
1. Strong network with most of the big physical Traders, Exporters, Processors and Corporate involved in Procurement, Sales, Trading, Processing and Exporting of Raw Cashew Nuts, Sesame Seeds, Dry Split Ginger and any other exportable produce.
2. Excellent understanding of fundamentals and market dynamics of the aforementioned produces
3. Good understanding of functioning of the Logistics, Clearing, Settlement and Risk Management.
4. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Entrepreneurial and innovative skills.Job Responsibility:
1. Profit center head of all produce trading function.
2. Procurement, sales & trading of all agro commodities like sesame, RCN etc from different locations across Nigeria.
3. To keep track on price trends, international market position, crop estimation and market reports on all produce we trade and other agro commodities.
4. Responsible for end to end trading of all commodities.
5. Responsible for overall position strategy, Export, International & Derivative Trading, Procurement and Sales, Operations and Business development for all our produce.
6. Vendor & Customer development & managing the relationships for achieving desired business volumes.
7. Supply Chain planning & management for timely execution of Export & Domestic shipments.
8. Risk management for counterparty, credit and price risk.
9. To look after and manage export operations at all locations.
10. Preparing and planning of budgetary control and fund management.
Qualification and Expertise
1. At least an MBA/MSc in Marketing or related studies; Computer literacy
2. At least 5 years’ experience working in a fast moving marketing outfit
3. Knowledge of commodities marketing, route to market, and products promotion
4. Market Information Gathering, data analysis and result presentation
5. Communication skills are essential.
6. Required Age: 30 – 35 years
Special Abilities & Key Behavioural Competences:
1. Dependability- Reliable, responsible and dependable
2. Analytical Thinking: Analysing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems
3. Attention to Details: Being careful about details and thorough in completing work task
4. Initiative: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
5. Integrity: Being honest and ethical
6. Leadership: Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and direction
7. Ability to Travel at short notice and take multiple functions at the same time
8. Track Record of performance; Speed/Aggression, Accountability, Shared Mindset, Accountability, Customers Connection, and Strategic Thinking
ONLY qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to [email protected] on or before 4pm Tuesday 6th June 2017