Closing date for applications: 6 August 2017
This is the call for DIASPORA applicants.
This form allows you to apply to two linked opportunities:
1. The 4th Africa-Europe Youth Summit will bring together more than 120 youth leaders from both continents, including African Diaspora on 9-11 October in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire to agree on a declaration on themes including education, peace & security, environment, business, democratic inclusion and culture.
Criteria for participation:
- Must have citizenship of a European country (member-state of the Council of Europe)
- Age 18-35
- Current involvement in a youth organisation/network
- Experience of implementing an initiative under at least one of the themes
- Prior interest and previous knowledge of Africa-Europe cooperation
- Ability to work in either English or French
2. A follow-up group, the 36 youth selected for the “EU-AU Youth Plug-In initiative” will pursue the work between October 30 and November 29, embedded in the AU and the EU as two Euro-African groups, in Addis and Brussels. The EU-AU fellows will develop further ideas on Africa-EU cooperation relating to the six topics tackled by the Youth Forum, which will be presented to the AU-EU Summit on November 29-30 (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), which is itself, focused on youth.
Criteria for participation:
– Availability to dedicate significant time and energy to the initiative (for a period of around 6 weeks in October and November, in both Addis and Brussels) **
– Knowledge of one or more topics (education & skills, peace & security, environment, business & job creation, governance & democratic inclusion, culture & arts)
– Experience in cooperating within international and multicultural teams
African and European youth today have many common challenges such as poverty and limited access to resources, education, healthcare and employment, along with social discrimination, lack of participation in decision-making and conflicts. By bringing together African and European Youth organisations and motivated and engaged young people, the Summit and plug-in initiative will strengthen the direct participation in the political dialogue that shapes our present reality and future outcomes.
The youth organisations involved include the Panafrican Youth Union (PYU), European Youth Forum (YFJ), Advisory Council on Youth of the Council of Europe (AC-CoE), Network of International Youth Organisations in Africa (NIYOA), African Diaspora Youth Network in Europe (ADYNE), African Caribbean and Pacific Young Professionals Network’s (ACP YPN) and African Diaspora Youth Forum in Europe (ADYFE).
**All travel and accommodation expenses are covered for chosen applicants, participants selected for the Youth Plug-in Initiative are also allocated a stipend for the period of the Youth Plug-In initiative **
Please start your application to participate in the Summit. Participation in Youth Plug-in Initiative is optional in section 6.
For more information about the registration