Deadline/Closing Date: 8th August 2017
Positions: Communication Technician II (2 year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- In consultation with the IITA Communications office; implement communication strategies and campaigns to support AfricaYam project activities.
- Support the information dissemination and awareness creation through the Yam Community of Practice (YCoP) activity of the project.
- Capture and write up stories about AfricaYam work for a diverse range of stakeholders and publish them on social media platforms as well as other formats including video, radio, stills, website and print publications.
- Carryout purchase requisitions through Supply chain unit, ensure efficient travel logistics for project staff and provide support for routine office activities
- Manage the project’s social media channels, uploading information and materials;
- Perform any other duties as properly assigned by supervisor
OND in Communications, Journalism, Media relations or related degree in social science with Minimum two (2) years’ experience in print or digital media house preferably in an international organization
The ideal candidate must:
Have excellent written and verbal communication skill (Fluency in French will be an added advantage)
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application at IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers attaching their cover letter with detailed curriculum vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft Word format no later than two weeks from the date of
this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Closing Date: 8th August 2017