There is a job vacancy at CORAF/WECARD for the position of Director of Research and Innovation
Founded in 1987, the West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD –
www.coraf.org/) is a non-profit, apolitical Association, independent of any financial, religious or trade union groups. It is composed of the National Agricultural Research Systems (NARS) of 23 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tomé et Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
The Vision of CORAF/WECARD is “a sustainable reduction in poverty and food insecurity in WCA through an increase in agricultural-led economic growth and sustainable improvement of key aspects of the agricultural research system”. Its mission is to ensure “a sustainable improvement of the competitiveness, productivity and markets of the agricultural system of West and Central Africa by meeting the major demands of target groups of the sub-regional research system”.
A citizen from one of the 23 NARS, members of the CORAF/WECARD, the ideal candidate possesses in-depth knowledge and understanding of agricultural research at regional or global level.
The successful candidate should have:
– A PhD or equivalent degree holder in agriculture, agricultural economics, natural resources management, agricultural extension, agricultural education or any related field
– Over 15 years of experience, proven experience in partnership building among political bodies and research and development institutions; Solid experience and/or interaction with NARS, CGIAR centers
– An international work experience in at least two of the three agro-ecological impact domains of CORAF/WECARD (Sahel, Coastal, and Forest), knowledge of agricultural development in West and Central Africa;
– A distinguished record of achievement and innovation, an established reputation and strong publication record in high-profile, peer-reviewed journals; track record in R&D for public/private partnerships
– Ensured efficient coordination and implementation of programs and projects to deliver high impact solutions, identify and developed new initiatives, detect new opportunities, implement robust operational plans, processes
– A track record in resource mobilization from a global donor network including governments, foundations, private sector
– An experience as Team Player, able to collaborate within teams across boundaries and work in a multi-cultural environment, and in gender-sensitive multidisciplinary context
– Acted as a change agent, improved organizational culture, efficiency, effectiveness and accountability