6th Africa Oil Palm & Rubber Summit is themed Delivering Value across Palm Oil & Rubber Supply Chain
Date: 8-9 May 2019
Venue: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
The 6th Africa Oil Palm & Rubber Summit draws in industry stakeholders to discuss implications of the slowdown in palm oil plantings, investment potential, out-grower schemes and new technologies in plantations and processing industries.
The summit engages the public and the private sectors, downstream processors to come together in Abidjan to jointly discuss the opportunities and challenges surrounding oil palm and natural rubber production.
key issues to be discussed:
- Investments in West & Central Africa
- Exploring new markets in East & South Africa
- Mechanization in plantations: New technology innovations & developments
- Impact of digitalization to drive productivity and boost yield
- Waste to Wealth: Capturing value from palm oil waste
- Emerging applications of downstream sector
- Brand-owner’s demand & expectations
KEY PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS:
- LMC Int advises the impact of EU ban on palm oil biofuels and its market, reasons behind low rubber pricing and upcoming trends.
- Asian Agri shares success stories, lessons learned & latest palm oil opportunities in Indonesia.
- DekelOil CI presents proven methods to boost palm oil yields and implementation of biofuels.
- Presco spells measures to accelerate palm oil extraction rate.
- Nestle shares palm oil supplier development initiatives to comply with the EU norms.
- Henkel explains sourcing challenges & role of innovation in ensuring sustainable pricing.
- Nimba Rubber forecasts growing international demand for processed rubber.
- Palmci talks on initiatives and ways to harness collaboration between key stakeholders to boost smallholders’ productivity.
- Olam on sustainable palm oil business in Africa.
- Financing panel led by African Development Bank.
- Oil palm growth prospects, market demand & supply in Zambia by Zampalm.
- Cooper Rubber on new downstream opportunities.
- Novafrique on palm oil potential in cosmetics & personal care applications.
Learn more about the event on the website