Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Administrative Assistant I
Location: ABUAD (Ado-Ekiti)
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Perform general office administration duties;
- Assist in typing report, letters and other document which may be confidential in nature;
- Handle incoming mail, collection, distribution as well as mailing as directed;
Carryout photocopying and scanning of documents;
- Carryout data entry and organize data in hard and soft copies;
- Organize and maintain archive for each scientist and his team;
- Maintain records of contract, payment disbursement and work schedule;
- Prepare and assist in material procurement and track purchase orders as requested using IITA procurement system;
Request and maintain record of office stationeries supply;
- Assist in arranging travel using IITA travel authorization guidelines
Assist in managing scientist schedules and assist with meetings and training logistics;
- Assist in receiving visitors to units in a courteous manner;
- Answer telephone and direct request to the right unit and staff;
- Respond to E-mail requested as directed;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
OND in Secretarial Studies or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must:
Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel Word and PowerPoint).Have good command of English Language.Have ability to multitask and work effectively within strict deadlines.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Administrative Assistant I
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package
Apply immediate here
Learn more on IITA website