Closing date: 23 Nov 2020
Career Category: Program/Project Management
Years of experience: 5-9 years
Themes: Food and Nutrition Safety and Security
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam International West African Region is looking for a Regional Advisor Emergency Food Security & Vulnerable Livelihoods to lead the direct support to Oxfam West Africa country teams for humanitarian scale up and ongoing support of large humanitarian responses in West Africa and effectively contribute to the development of regional and country level capabilities in programmes that address emergency food security and livelihood vulnerability. These include programmes that enable food and livelihood insecure communities and households to anticipate, mitigate and recover from food insecurity and also reduce their vulnerability to food and livelihood insecurity.
Please see the job description for further details.
What we’re looking for
- You will have had siginificant experience managing food security emergency programmes including in assessment, analysis, and program design; preparedness and early warning; technical standards and best practices as well as knowledge and experience of Cash and Voucher Assistance and markets, social protection; emergency food aid; and/or nutrition.
- You will have a proven ability, of working in humanitarian contexts on EFSVL.
- You will demonstrate enthusiasm for and commitment to Oxfam International’s values and mission, and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalised people in all humanitarian and advocacy work.
- You will demonstrate an affinity with and commitment to Oxfam’s values, feminist leadership and a commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies.
- Fluency in English and French are essential in order to be successful in this position.
What we offer
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career. Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment
Our commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Please note that Oxfam International participates in the Inter-Agency Scheme for the Disclosure of Safeguarding-related Misconduct in Recruitment Processes within the Humanitarian and Development Sector. Under this scheme, if you have been employed by another member of the scheme, we will request information from that organization on any misconduct history in accordance with the terms of the scheme. For scheme details please click here
How to apply
Please apply though Oxfam International’s website here