The Centre for Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA) has issues a 9 year strategic Plan spanning 2020 – 2029.
The strategic plan was issued November, 2020 with the theme
Institutional Development and Capacity Building.
Thematic Areas and Outputs
The Themes have been carefully crafted to reflect the aspirations of the CCARDESA stakeholders within the SADC Member States and
the desire to achieve a high impact on the value chains in the region.
The 6 priority thematic areas and their associated envisaged outputs are presented below
- Agricultural productivity and food and nutrition security;
- Resilience to emerging agricultural risks: environmental, climate change and transboundary pests and diseases;
- Commercialisation of the agricultural sector and market access
- Women, youth and social inclusion
- Knowledge and information management, communication and policy support; and,
- Capacity strengthening of CCARDESA and AR4D institutions
CCARDESA will develop a robust Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning (MERL) system. Based on the results framework, CCARDESA will also develop an M&E plan which will enable CCARDESA to track, evaluate and report on the implementation of this Strategic Plan at regional and national levels.
View the full document here