Job Title: Regional Director – East and Horn of Africa
Organisation: Self Help Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: Four year fixed term contract
The Regional Director (RD) role is a new one in Self Help Africa and the wider Gorta Group. As part of the organisation’s global management team, you will be responsible for leading and delivering organisation growth and impact.
The RD will lead the organisation in East and Horn of Africa. This currently comprises of Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia country programmes with projects in Rwanda, Burundi, DRC and Eritrea.
As Regional Director you will be expected to scale up our operations in the region and be the key representative with external stakeholders.
The RD will have the skills to be able to adapt to the organisation’s programme requirements across humanitarian, development and private sector initiatives.
You will work closely with the Programme team to ensure: that we offer value for money; that our work is making an impact; and that we’re submitting high quality proposals and reports in order to win and retain contracts.
You will expand and develop partnerships with private sector companies, funders and institutions that ultimately benefit smallholder farmers and traders in the region.
The RD will embrace and lead innovation and be results focused with a keen interest in technology as an agent for change. You will coordinate new initiatives in agri-business and digital development and will be a driver for innovation for the Gorta Group across all our work.
You will have proven leadership skills and the necessary qualities to enable you to lead the region living the values of the organisation on a daily basis.
- While the role demands oversight of the group’s work in the region, the role also requires close attention to operations. Responsibilities include:
- Develop a regional strategy, including appropriate KPIs on what shared success looks like within the region for the Gorta Group.
- Facilitate the transition from a HQ-centralised model to a regional structure in collaboration with the MT and relevant country teams.
- Drive new business development and funding opportunities yourself and with the teams. Build an active pipeline of funding opportunities in collaboration with the wider Gorta Group teams.
- Develop and manage relationships with key regional and national stakeholders.
- Recruit and manage an effective, multi-disciplinary, inclusive regional management team to support quality implementation of country and regional-level projects
- On-going monitoring and analysis to ensure regional and country programmes are continually adapted to the evolving contexts within the region and are outcomes-driven and evidence based.
- Strive for seamless coordination between programming and operations within the region and across the Gorta Group entities (Self Help Africa, TruTrade, Partner Africa) to improve the quality of programme and service delivery and cost effectiveness/value for money.
- Maximise synergies and efficiencies across the Gorta Group entities.
- Improve brand and visibility and act as spokesperson as appropriate.
Learn more about the job requirements here
Closing date is Friday 29th January 2021 at 5pm
Summit Recruitment and Search have been selected to manage this recruitment process.
To apply, click here