YPARD Nigeria is searching for an energetic, communication expert and vision-driven young professional who has in-depth knowledge of agriculture, agricultural communication, report writing, social media management, graphics design, research, and youth engagement, to take on the role of Communication Focal Person for 2 years effective from appointment date.
The position is voluntary, but the opportunities involved are enormous beyond monetary compensation. Applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a deadline of 30th October 2021. The selected candidate will work directly with the Country Representative and the National Coordinating Team. The candidate will be evaluated at the end of the first three (3) months before confirmation of appointment.
Eligibility and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop content targeted at encouraging youth to get involved in agriculture and agribusiness in relation to YPARD’s thematic focus.
- Develop communication strategy, work plan, and fundraising plans for YPARD Nigeria operations.
- Coordinate the communication and project implementation with all the Local Representatives and Regional Representatives
- Participate in online and offline forums targeted at issues related to youth, agriculture, agri-business, value chains, ICT4Ag and AR4D.
- Information sharing via social media on Agricultural matters and YPARD news.
- Sharing of agricultural opportunities across the social media platform and the mailing list.
- Showcasing exemplary farmers and youths in agriculture across Nigeria.
- Initiate new ideas and concepts around communicating YPARD Nigeria to the global audience.
- Design flyers, posters, and infographics for social media engagement.
- Develop blogs and articles on agricultural-related topics, especially ones related to agriculture, youths.
- Develop contents, programs, activities, and work-plan on a quarterly/yearly basis and track implementation.
- Review of articles from members, reports, proposals, and structured posts for advert promotion
- Organize and manage tweet chats activities and track progress made
- Facilitate possible training on ICT4Ag, entrepreneurship in agriculture, and relevant areas of agriculture that are interesting to young people
- Manage activities around YPARD Nigeria communication and be actively involved in National Coordinating Unit activities.
To apply, please send us the following items:
- Motivation letter for the advertised position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Links to any published articles
- Links to your Social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram)
- A blog post on any topic relating to agriculture and youth engagement from your perspective. Be original in your writing. (Please follow this link for a guideline on writing a good blog post)
- Include your username as subscribed on the YPARD website (include at the bottom of the blogpost)
Make your submission with the subject ‘Communication Focal Person’ via [email protected] no later than the deadline of 30th October 2021
Kindly note that only selected candidates who meet eligibility criteria will be contacted for an interview. Do share among your networks and help us inform anyone who could potentially be interested.
Also, female candidates are encouraged to apply as YPARD provides equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, social status, race, creed, or religious inclinations.