Oganization: Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
Deadline for application is 1st Of December, 2021
Job Title: Project Manager, Workforce Nutrition
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Salary: From NGN 7,892,205 – 9,005,994, dependent on experience
Contract Type: Fixed Term
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Project Manager to support the delivery of the Workforce Nutrition Component of their Advancing Nutrition project in Nigeria. This role is offered on a fixed-term basis until November 2025, subject to funding and is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
The GAIN Advancing Nutrition in Staple Crop Value Chains in Nigeria project proposes a set of nutrition-sensitive interventions to support the BMZ/GIZ Green Innovation Centre (GIC) in Nigeria. GAIN’s Workforce Nutrition (WFN) project aims to develop an effective and efficient set of nutrition interventions for workers for businesses in agricultural and industrial supply chains to implement.
The nutrition approach will fit with core business, leveraging existing training structures and business communications, and offering a sustainable mechanism to provide ongoing nutrition programming.
The post holder will support this by developing nutrition-related training and materials to facilitate the Social Behaviour Change, and by supporting the Senior Project Manager in the development of nutrition-sensitive workplans and budgets.
The post holder will support the Senior Project Manager, Supply Chains and will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of this component of the project. They will be expected to develop strong relationships with relevant partners, exploiting synergies within GAIN and with external stakeholders to ensure continued, effective project delivery. They will be responsible for influencing, providing leadership and reconciling stakeholders’ interests in the project ensuring that the agreed project activities are implemented within project timelines. This role is offered on a fixed-term basis until November 2025, subject to funding and is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Providing technical oversight to the implementation of activities that strengthen businesses and advance nutrition in target crop value chains
- Delivering project management in accordance with the GAIN guidelines
- Maintaining high level liaison with government stakeholders and other organizations working on complementary projects in the country context to share knowledge and best practice
- Develop nutrition sensitive training and Social Behavior Change communication materials and implement throughout the project cycle
- Ensuring project outputs are well informed and up to date by keeping an eye on the relevant literature to ensure that the project remains fully informed by advances in the field
- Maintaining a reference document repository
- Preparing and being accountable for periodic donor reports and support global collation of wider programme reports and updates
- Supporting the identification of new funding opportunities to fund the project as part of a long-term strategy
- Working through project design and implementation to continuously strengthen gender focus
- Keeping track of gender results, ensure the initiative is gender-sensitive and, where feasible, gender-transformative
Learn more about the job description here